FUJIFILM UK Limited (“Fujifilm”, “we” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is FUJIFILM UK Limited of St Martins Business Centre, St Martins Way, Bedford MK42 0LF.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the apps and websites that we operate (“our apps/sites“). This includes information that may have to be provided at the time of registering to use our apps/sites, subscribing to use any of the services provided on any of our apps/sites, posting material and uploading images or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with any of our apps/sites.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through any of our apps/sites and of the fulfilment of any orders for products and/or services that we make available through any of our apps/sites.
- Details of your use of or visits to any of our apps/sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How we use information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on any of our apps/sites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, tablet or other mobile device.
- To help us understand your needs and interests and provide you with better services. Specifically, we use your information to communicate with you (this may include direct marketing communications which we think will be of interest to you), to provide service and support and to update you on relevant services and benefits. Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research regarding our products or services. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of market research and customer surveys.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of any of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to any of our services.
Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide through other sources.
Non-personal data is collected for reporting about the usability, performance and effectiveness of our apps/sites. It is used to improve the customer experience and the usability and content of our apps/sites.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular area). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Who we share it with
Fujifilm will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to any other party such as a business partner or a related third party company unless you have given permission to do so.
When you visit our apps/sites, you can browse the apps/sites and access information without revealing your identity. In order to improve our apps/sites, we use “cookies” to track your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a Web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It functions as your identification card, and enables us to record your user journey. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. Cookies help us to improve our apps/sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Cookies enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our apps/sites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to one of our apps/sites.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored securely. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of one of our apps/sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our apps/sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our apps/sites may contain links to other apps or websites. Please be aware that Fujifilm is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other apps or websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave one of our Sapps/sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every app and/or website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our apps/sites.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. Unless you are providing your information on a form provided to you solely to allow you to submit your data for marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communication that we send you.